During the pandemic, loneliness and lack of contact has had devastating impact, in some areas more so than the virus itself. Keeping families in the loop with current visiting restrictions and updates about loved ones can take up considerable time of team members with correspondence and phone calls. This is alongside the other demands of the day, including service user needs, comfort, safety, well-being and regular testing. Families and inspectors crave transparency and open culture of communication. Care Services that use the family app demonstrate this and can find new ways to engage with family members and loved ones. With all the changes that we encounter in caring for vulnerable service users, it is reassuring to families to be able to stay connected in this way.
- Share media both ways through the app, that can be controlled and monitored by reception or admin
- Sign electronic care plans and E-Consent
- Keep up to date with Daily notes, Fluid stats and food intake
- Care home has full control over is shared via family app
- Save on valuable admin time updating family
- Keep evidence of communication between service and families
- Gather feedback and suggestions for Quality Assurance