“You are what We Eat…”is one of those phrases that we hear often. However, with the various other important elements that require attention during the day, quality of food and diet can sometimes turn into a routine. With years of experience and working with specialist nutrition consultants we have developed the Chef solution to allow the kitchen team to understand the individual nutrition needs of a service user. This not only incudes preferences but also allergy and cultural information. A balanced diet can reduce the need for unnecessary medication and laxatives. It can also have a positive impact on mood and behaviour. If anyone thinks working in a Care Home Kitchen is easy, it is recommended to try a shift. The person will quickly discover how important and careful we must be with our actions in feeding the people we love and look after. This is way beyond just 3 meals a day and requires far more thought, planning and intelligence. We need to move with the seasons and create a menu and choice that gives variety, balance and nutrition.
- Create, design and print menus, with easy copy and clear features. Includes library of popular dishes. Easily add custom dishes and photos.
- Food consistencies and SALT levels fully included within the system easily accessible to care and kitchen team
- Access to weight tracking, BMI and Must
- Bristol stool chart for monitoring Bowel Movement, sleeping charts to be considered with food choices for menu and during the day
- Chef becomes involved in the care, can access allergies and food likes and dislikes
- Control the access and visibility of the kitchen team through permissions and settings
- Photo and image driven menu choices, helping the service user see and understand the choices, increasing appetite and promoting choice. Service users with capacity can even sign e- consent to evidence the choice made.
- Reduce food wastage with breakdown of orders per floor or service user. Break this down per item on the menu to see what is popular and help with costing and ordering
- Record fridge temperature checks and other elements of food safety
- Access to message center to keep in touch with team members from different departments and send quick messages